Tuesday, September 9, 2008

How It's Made

Now that Suzanne has had the staples removed, from her right leg, she is moving even closer to her prosthetic fitting appointment. None has been set, because there is still significant healing to be done at the incision site. But when the surgeon has determined the skin to be strong enough, she will proceed. The left leg may be fitted soon though. Below I am including a video from the TV series "How It's Made." The first segment in the video features the prosthetic manufacturing process. It is oversimplified, but still interesting to watch.

3 comments:

  1. Very interesting clip, thanks for passing it along. (Also good to know that prostheses aren't sculpted like a scene from "Ghost".)

    I think it's so awesome how great Suz is progressing... we'll all have to become gym rats to keep up with her!

    Love, Katie R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quick bit of trivia: "How it's Made?" Canadian show. Just thought I'd mention that.
    :)

    Congrats on the movements forward, Suzanne, Pat and Gabby.

    Lots of Love,
    Brian, Christine and Sam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Guys!

    We've been out of touch for the past few weeks.... we just moved back to Madison. Suz, remember in grad school when we were standing in the hall trying to figure out why your parents would ever want to live in Wisconsin? I think I know! And I'm back here to stay! Please let us know when you're in town so we can see you guys. I'm sure I'll make it to DC at some point, but you'll probably be here first (Christmas, maybe?). Glad to hear that the prostheses fittings are around the corner. Go Suz! Take care, guys.

    I hear DeGraff cooks great hospital food.

    Frank, Stef and Andrew

    ReplyDelete