Sunday, January 6, 2008

Surgery Tomorrow

Monday afternoon, Suzanne will have another surgery. She has been having surgeries on average once a week, since the initial hospitalization. The earlier surgeries took 3-4 hours each because major de/re-construction was being undertaken. As the surgeries have progressed, they have been taking less time. Last week's surgery only took 1.5 hours and she was alert when she came out of the OR. This one is going to be focused on debridement of some tissue on her legs which have not taken 100%. And they will look at her hands as well. This was the same thing the told me last week, and the week before. Unfortunately, they don't exactly know what they're going to do until they see it.
We were able to bring the baby in today to see Suzanne. Gabby was cooing and smiling and standing in my lap. Sue got to hold her for a little while, but as the baby was fidgety, she was difficult to hold. It is nice to have her so close to the hospital at Bob & Nell's temporary apartment, so we can bring her in more frequently. They have been taking care of her on a regular basis, with my parents coming in on the weekends to give them a break. I know I couldn't do it without all of their support.

1 comment:

  1. You don't know me but I have all of you on our prayer list at church. Christy Kincade Whitman is my sister in law and I pray daily for all of you!

    ReplyDelete