Sunday, January 27, 2008

Walk with Suz T-Shirts

There is nothing significant to report about Suzanne's status. She is still recovering from the last surgery, so she can be moved over to the NRH. The surgeons have been visiting her on a daily basis to check her wounds and see if she is ready. Her spirits are up, and she is looking forward to leaving the hospital environment, for some intense physical therapy.



When I made the post on January 10th, about the Walk With Suz 5k, I received a lot of responses, both by email and comments on this page. Upon further thought, and discussion with Suz, we decided that it would be a fun event, in a year or so - when she is walking again. Of course we don't have a date yet, but I found a route on MapMyRun.com which is a good place to start. I think it would be better to start/end at the FDR memorial and do a similar loop to that one.



I also visited Worth1000.com and asked their talented designers to come up with some t-shirt designs, for the future event. They came up with over 30 Entries! Please have a look at all 4 pages of designs and let me know what design you like the best. I only have until next Friday to select the winning design. I have a few favorites already. But it will be tough to decide. They are all so well done. I would like to hear what you think.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so excited that you are going forward with the 5k. What a great event to look forward to! All of the designs are really nice, but I think I like the walk with heart logo the best. But, I also like the one with Suzanne's picture on it. Let me know if I can help with any of the planning.

    Lisa xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patrick,
    The Worth1000 website is great! I'd never heard of it before now. My favorites are the ones with the stars around the Capitol and the female figure walking. I think it's inspirational and I felt that the artist really took your input into consideration. Jeff's fave is the first one that says "Bionic Mom". I hope this helps.
    Love, Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- terrific news about the walk- the route looks like a great one. I also love all of the t-shirt designs, what a cool site. My faves are "Suz", the one with her pictire from the blog, or "Walk Suz". Very well done! I look forward to supporting the walk in any way I can.
    Cheers-
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patrick and Suzanne,
    Thinking of you every day. We love the pictures of Gabrielle - she is a beautiful baby. We are enjoying the blog, great work Patrick. We WILL be there for the 5k. Looking forward to it.

    Love,
    Uncle Eddie and Auntie Penny

    PS. Our vote for the logo goes to "walking 4 by Reyzza"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Bionic Mom design and the one that resembles Suzy. We can't wait to participate in the walk and our offer still stands to help plan in the event!

    Hugs and Kisses to you all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pat and Suz

    Let me know if I can help with this. I can at least circulate to the NOVA runners etc and with any other logistics you may need.
    Sari

    ReplyDelete